Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Obituary from St. Marys Daily Press

Jeff D. Eckert, 30, of 1849 Bendigo Road, Johnsonburg, and formerly of St. Marys, died Sunday afternoon, Dec. 13, 2009 at Hershey Medical Center following lengthy illness.

He was born June 20, 1979 in St. Marys, a son of Kenneth and Marilyn Wehler Eckert of St. Marys.

On January 3, 2004 in St. Boniface Church in Kersey, he married Jamie Wilson Eckert, who survives.

He graduated from SMAHS, class of 1997. He received an Associate's Degree in automated manufacturing and tool making from PA College of Technology and had been employed by GE Sensing for the past 9 years. He loved to play his guitar and was the lead guitarist for the local band "6 Pak". He enjoyed hunting, fishing and bow fishing, but most of all, he enjoyed being a father.  He loved spending time with his family and loved to be around people.

Besides his parents and wife, he is survived by his beloved son, Jeff David "JD" Eckert, Jr., at home; by two brothers, Mark Eckert and his wife, Nicky of St. Marys, and Chad Eckert and his wife, Kim of St. Marys; a sister Jill, Mrs. Thaddeus Stager of Hershey; his paternal grandmother, Margaret Eckert of St. Marys, his maternal grandmother, Miriam Wehler of St. Marys, and by numerous aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, James Eckert who preceded him in death March 16, 1993 and his maternal grandfather, William "Willie" Wehler, who preceded him in death January 7, 2009.

A Mass of Christian Burial for Jeff Eckert will be celebrated at the Queen of the World Church, 134 Queens Road, St. Marys, on Thursday, at 12 noon with Rev. Michael Ferrick, Pastor and Rev. Eric Vogt, O.S.B., concelebrants. 

Burial will follow in the St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery.

Visitation will be at the Lynch-Green Funeral Home, N. Michael Street, St. Marys, on Wednesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m.

Memorial Contributions may be made to Be The Match Foundation, 3001 Broadway Street N.E., Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413.



6 comments:

Candy said...

Jamie that photo made my heart stop...

Anonymous said...

Jamie, that photo is absolutely priceless...

Chrissy (Nussbaum) Keebler

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I have no words that come close to how this photo made me feel. You are truley an amazing woman. May God bless and watch over you and JD,
You are both in our prayers
Chriss and Andy

Becki and Troy said...

Beautiful picture Jamie & in some way it is very calming.
Thinking of you,
Becki & Troy

Anonymous said...

Jamie and family,

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

- Mary Stevenson, 1936

May you have peace,
Ron

Laura Antonelli said...

Beautiful photo...