Thursday, October 01, 2009

You May Have Heard

Because of the rumors and speculation floating around town, I asked Nicky if it would be okay for me to post what's going on with Mark and she agreed. (For those of you who don't remember, Mark is Jeff's brother, and Nicky is Mark's wife). To make a long story short, Mark was diagnosed with aplastic anemia, which is a blood disorder that results in bone marrow not functioning properly. He's being treated in Pittsburgh, and with any luck he'll be home and back on his feet some time soon.

I'm sure there are lots of questions regarding the fact that Mark and Jeff both have blood diseases, but everything I could say on the subject would be my own speculation, so I'm not going to say anything.

Jeff is feeling well, and eating even better in preparation for the loss of taste that's coming soon. He'll be getting a 4-day chemo regimen inpatient, starting on Saturday. Because he does not have any active leukemia, I'm hoping for a much easier week than he had back in July. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

JD continues to delight me, and the fact that he is a mama's boy gives me a never-ending supply of joy. He is smart, beautiful and funny. He loves to pick on his dogs, and he is still a bit of a rough-neck. He is also spastic and wild, but quite honestly, I think we made him that way. JD loves to play with cars and eat freezer pops with Dada, and he's occasionally good for some snuggle time. He gives his best kisses before night-night, when he will kiss everyone in the room without hesitation. I'm pretty sure I hit the jackpot with my baby.

2 comments:

Debbie Shuttleworth said...

That's great that JD is a mama's boy. I have two little boys and they both really love spending time with "the guys"(Daddy, Papa, Grandpa, Uncles). I just suck up all the time that they want to be with Mommy. Anyway, he sounds like a great little guy who really keeps you on your toes. I just want to let you know that I continue to check in and look forward to your updates.

William Brock said...

I just passed 5 years post transplant for AML and I am stronger than ever, so there is great hope, don't ever give up.

I just started a blog www.acelebrationoflife@blogspot.com -- I plan to cycle across Europe in April and May 2010. Be strong, hold your husband's hand, cancer can be beaten.