Monday, October 26, 2009

More of the Same

Jeff was discharged Saturday, and is generally feeling well.  His appetite has not yet returned, but he still seems to have most of his taste buds, which will help him to keep his weight up.  He is on lots and lots of meds, including some at home IV vancomycin to help combat the bad bugs the hospital found in his body.  His counts are still very low, and he is regularly needing transfusions of both platelets and red blood.

We did had some great company this weekend in Hershey...Rich, Nicole and Danielle.  Having them here was good for all of us, and I'm still feeling the lingering effects of their positive energies.  This whole situation has left me much more sensitive to the vibes that people project, and I find myself trying to surround myself with postive projectors.  I've found that there are people who are a constant source of support for me, and that's largely because of the good feelings that just seem to happen when they are around. 

That being said, I am always consciously trying to project my good feelings and energy on to others.  Just because my family is going through a difficult time, doesn't mean that I have the right to drain people who are not.  I figure that as long as I can remain somewhat content and happy, then my happiness will be felt by those around me.  In a situation like this, I realize that isn't going to be possible all of the time, but I certainly can work to minimize the bad periods, and maximize the good.

11 comments:

Paula said...

It takes an intuitive person to be able to put on the 'happy face'.
See, Jamie, I told you...you're just like your mom.

Get out your rally towels people!

November is the time to send positive energy.

If you want/need to get an early start, by all means, let's go!

Danielle Micale said...

soo...mom comes up with some pretty crazy ideas..and if you dont belive me...ask for her stromboli...but i must say these buddha books are fantastic. i like mine...all 50 pages i have read!
read on...smile on...

Anonymous said...

Stay strong and positive!!! You are an amazing person and an inspiration to us all!

Anonymous said...

If you need a pick-me-up, read some of the comments that Danielle has peppered along this blog trail.
She has that same effect when she walks in a room. Just add Rich and Nicole in the past Hershey weekend and you have a great mix! Of course, there's Jamie, Jeff and JD to get the ball rolling...

FYI: Buddha books are good and
SO IS THE STROMBOLI!

Jamie Schaut said...

I agree - the Buddha books are helpful, but I'm not sure about Paula's stromboli.

Danielle Micale said...

i dont understand...stomboli doesn't have a broth?

Jamie Schaut said...

Danielle - The broth is what makes your mom's stromboli unique.

Danielle Micale said...

i know, my comment was sarcasm...

I wonder why they call this Grandview!?

Jamie Schaut said...

I can't remember...did I ask the Grandview question or did you?

Danielle Micale said...

mom and i asked it jokingly and you answered it seriously. (going to Julies wedding)

Paula said...

I've witnessed Danielle and Jamie walk through the doors of cousinhood and become sisters!

FYI: The above discussion between the two is sisterly banter..enjoy!