Friday, October 09, 2009

Update

Jeff has been a resident of the Hershey Med Center since Saturday. We had a bit of a scare earlier in the week, but biopsy results are still showing no leukemia. Because of the scare, chemo was delayed until Tuesday afternoon, and he'll finish up this round tomorrow night. If he is feeling okay, and fever-free, I imagine he'll be discharged early next week. Then it will be back to Day Hospital for daily blood checks and transfusion support.

So far, the chemo has been a pain, but tolerable for Jeff. The hard part will be the coming weeks of neutropenia and the overall crappy feeling that comes from low blood counts.

For the next couple of months, Jeff will stuck in Hershey. JD and I will be spending part of every week at home, so I can work. We're putting lots of miles on the Forester, but JD is learning to be quite the traveler, and we're both getting used to the drive.

I'm hoping that Jeff will be well enough to come home by Christmas, but in the mean time, we'll be taking things day by day.

"The past no longer exists, and the future is not here yet."
- Thich Nhat Hanh

4 comments:

Spongs said...

Jaime and Jeff,
Stay strong. I know you have a rough road yet ahead...but I see sunshine on the other side. Keep your chins up and think positive. I know you can do this! Thoughts and prayers always!
Take care
Jen Spong

Anonymous said...

Jamie, Jeff & JD,

I think about you all the time and I have been keeping you in my prayers. It breaks my heart to think of the hell that you are going though right now. You are some very strong people. I wish you all the best and the fastest recovery on record!

(Jamie - thanks for all of the updates on your blog.)

Lots of Hugs being sent your way,
Angie (Caskey) Ehrensberger

Michele said...

Jamie and Jeff,
I know that it has been a while. Angela gave me this link to your blog this weekend and I have been reading through all of your posts. I wanted to say that I have been thinking of you both, a lot, since hearing the news. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. If there is anything that I can do, and I mean this sincerely, please let me know. I am happy to drive to Hershey to keep anyone company.

Michele Meraglia Ament

Anonymous said...

Jeff, hang in there buddy. You will get through this. You are always in our prayers. Believe it or not your ordeal has been a lesson and an example to all of us in grace, courage, perseverance and faith.
Faisal and Jackie