Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in Hershey

Jeff's counts are now stable and he is no longer needing transfusions. They took another chunk of bone marrow today for biopsy, and we're expecting to see good things. His kidney function is showing some improvement. He'll get another dose of chemo to his CNS on Wednesday along with more fluids to help with the kidney problems.

We are still having insurance issues. Hopefully everything will work out in the end, but I have to say it's disheartening to have to worry about whether or not you can afford a possibly life-saving procedure.

I would like to make some political statements on this post, but I don't think I can do it without being impolite, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Talk about getting between you and your doctor!

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up. The Lord works in mysterious ways. You are a very strong woman, don't let the little things like insurance get you down. There are ways around insurance companies. I love your site, We get to know how Jeff is doing, and his family.
I know at the Pepper fest we raised around $1300 for your family. I heard the Texas Hold em tournament went very well also.
Take care, you guys are in our prayers.