Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Admitted Again

I have way too many posts that are titled "Admitted." Oh well, I'll probably collect a bunch more before this is all said and done. Anyway, Jeff's creatinine level was a bit higher yesterday than it was on Monday, so Dr. Claxton thought better safe than sorry. He was admitted to the acute care wing of the 6th floor so that the kidney doctors could have their way with him. So far, he's just been getting fluids, peeing in little laboratory cups and last night they looked at his kidneys via ultrasound. Most likely, the damage was done by either the IV vancomycin or daptomycin that he was getting for his line infection, and his kidneys should start to get better over the next week.

Thank you for all of the good comments and quotes. I took the time to go for a run this morning, and for me, absolutely nothing works better than exercise to perk me up. As soon as Jeff is able, I'm going to have to get him moving around. It's obvious to me that the body and soul are intertwined in ways that can't be completely explained physiologically...the more you move, the better you feel.

3 comments:

Pete said...

I definitely agree. Exercise makes healthy bodies and healthy minds! That's why you don't see many depressed P90X-ers. Tony is a positive energy freak... yeah, I caught a couple info-commercials last week. "Combat Plateau Effect with Muscle Confusion!"...

But understandably, it has to be tough for Jeff to get much exercise right now. One, his body is under so much stress right now it would be very difficult to find the energy, and two, he has great taste in TV shows... History Channel Rules! yeah! Home decorating shows stink! booo!

Kim said...

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
Robert Fulghum

Hi, I am a coworker of your cousin, Danielle. She mentioned you enjoy reading comments on your blog. I have no experience at all with anything close to what you are going through. I wish for you all the strength you need and I have added you to my church's prayer list. If all of your family is as sweet and caring as Danielle you have a wonderful support system I am sure.
A new friend and well wisher
Kim Brooks
Centre Hall, PA

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie,
Thanks for keeping us all informed by your daily entries. We love you, Jeff and little J.D. so much and just wish with all of our hearts that there is more good news than upsets when we check your blogs each day. You kids have been through so much already, we all are praying that this nightmare will soon end ~ once and for all.

We miss Jeff and seeing his happy and beautiful smile. We thank God he has you, sweet little J.D., his devoted mom and family there to give him his daily hugs for all of us.

Keep exercising and stay strong, Jamie!

Love You All ~ Betsy