Saturday, February 03, 2007

Free Write

Just some of the crazy thoughts running through my head today....

I hate painting. The only enjoyable thing about painting is the moment when you get to the pour the paint out of the can and into the tray. And, of course, the last brush stroke, because that means your finished. Back to the pouring...paint has the most interesting texture, viscosity, I can't think of the right word, but you get my drift. So, I finished texturing the dry wall last night and painted and primed three walls of the living room today. I have some finishing work to do on the ceiling tomorrow, but that shouldn't take too long.

This month's book is A Wrinkle In Time. Jen's pick. She read it when she was eight, but the rest of it are reading it for the first time. So far, I love it, and I love Charles Wallace. I just want to pick him up and give him a bear hug. Is "bear hug" a real term, or is it more of a colloquialism? I don't know. I'll have to ask somebody.

Jeff smells like he ate prime rib today. He did eat prime rib today. So did I, but I certainly don't smell like he does. YUK.

This is obviously not my most intelligent post, but after all, I am free-writing. Free as bird, with a bird dog under my feet. She's whining because I'm drinking a Kahlua and Cream. It must smell pretty good to her sensitive doggie nose.

Back to the painting. I painted one wall a color called Woodgate, which is really just a lighter shade of olive. My new sofa and love seat are olive. The material is a new microfiber that is supposed to be virtually indestructible, which is a necessity with a Beagle in your house. Sofa, love seat and recliner should be here in a few weeks. Hopefully, the carpet gets installed first. I hate waiting for them. I hate waiting for anything.

Boy, this is messier than I thought it would be. I thought a free write would be much more telling. (Telling in what respect?? I have no idea.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While reading that post i thought i was on a boat ride through your mind. you know, all your thoughts coming at me. i enjoyed the free write!