Thursday, February 01, 2007

Finally February

Hopefully, I’ll have something more exciting to post about in February. In the mean time, I found this quote by Mark Twain,


A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read.


Now that the Book Club has plowed through several classics, I am convinced that Twain was right. I wonder what he would think now that most of his books are considered classics? Interestingly enough, I don’t consider his books to be a chore, and I usually enjoy anything he’s written.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark Twain hit the nail on the head! Classics are the toughest read for me, but they last so long in my head. I'm glad for the classics that I've survived, but unwilling, at the moment, to put myself through the torture of another in the near future.