Saturday, August 05, 2006

Smelling the Roses

If there's one thing that I learned from Dad, it's to always stop and smell the roses. This is the sort of thing I don't always remember to do. So, when I'm with Dad, I really have to work to slow down and enjoy whatever it is I'm doing. Last night's trip to the fair was a prime example of Dad showing his family (Rich, Nicole, Jeff and Me) how to 'smell the roses.' Although, at the fair, it's all about smelling the cows, pigs and goats. Along with the smelling, we did some eating, and Dad talked to at least 4 different exhibitioners about their various trades. He also made sure to lure most of the salesmen into trying to selling him something that he knows he'll never buy.

As a family, we're very lucky that we enjoy each other's company, and the only thing robbing us of a perfect night out, was Mom not being here to enjoy it with us.

No comments: