Saturday, August 19, 2006

Missing Mom

I'm sure Mom will end up being a re-occurring theme in my blog...but that's to be expected. You see, when I'm tired, I miss Mom. When I'm cranky, I miss Mom. When I'm having fun, I think of Mom and wonder how much fun I could be having if she were still here. It's really never-ending. Anyway, I found her obituary in the archives of the Daily Press online, and want to post it here.

From The Daily Press, April 14, 2003:

Kathleen M. Wilson

Kathleen M. "Kathy" Wilson, 50, of 244 Kylers Corners Road, Kersey, and formerly of St. Marys, died unexpectedly Friday, April 11 at Presbyterian University Hospital, Pittsburgh.She was born July 15, 1952 in St. Marys, daughter of Margaret "Peg" Cooney Krellner of St. Marys and the late Joseph W. Krellner. On June 29, 1973 in Queen of the World Church, she married Walter C. Wilson, who survives.

Mrs. Wilson was a member of St. Boniface Church, and was a graduate of Elk County Christian High School. She enjoyed the outdoors, fishing, hunting, wood working and auto body work.

In addition to her husband and mother, she is survived by a daughter, Jamie Wilson and her fiance, Jeff Eckert, of St. Marys; a son, Richie Wilson of Kersey; three brothers, Ted Krellner of Emporium, Justin Krellner of Coudersport, and Brian Krellner of St. Marys; five sisters, Sandra (Mrs. Frank) Metzler, Evelyn (Mrs. Charles "Bud") Krug, Patricia (Mrs. Carl) Pfeufer, all of St. Marys, Susanne (Mrs. Col. Bill) Astley of Plattsmouth, NE, and Paula (Mrs. Dan) Micale of Kersey; and her sister Paula's children, whom she helped raise, Russ, Mark and Danielle Micale; and several nieces and nephews.

A Mass of Christian Burial for Kathleen M. "Kathy" Wilson will be celebrated Tuesday at 11 a.m. at St. Boniface Catholic Church, with the Rev. John A. Kuzilla, pastor, as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Marys Catholic Cemetery.Visitation will be at the Lynch-Green Funeral Home tonight from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Death is such a complicated experience for the survivors.
I, too, have all these feelings, but was delighted when Danielle told me she dreams about Kathy once every other month. These dreams are very comforting. I'm happy that she has this great outlet for such an influential person in her life.