Monday, November 26, 2007

OB Appointment and Other Stuff

I made another trip home this weekend to go to my doctor's appointment and get some work done at the plant. I am 32 weeks + 5 days into the pregnancy, and according to today's ultrasound estimates, Baby Einstein (okay - I'm giving in and calling the baby "Einstein" for Paula's sake) weighs in at around 5 lbs. He/She has settled into the preferred birthing position and has a heartbeat of 140 beats per minute. Today was probably my last appointment in Saint Marys, because I'll most likely be delivering in Hershey. Jeff's sister has set me up with her OB...so at least he'll be familiar to her and I'll have seen him once or twice before the baby is born (hopefully). Anyway, with about 7 weeks to go, I'm still feeling very well (physically).

My family and friends held a baby shower on Einstein's behalf on Saturday. We got an amazing array of baby-related necessities for which we are very grateful. I also came home to a newly painted nursery, thanks to Paula, Danielle, Brenda, Chris, Rhonda, and Jen.

I also want to thank everyone again for the support you're giving Jeff through your cards and gifts. Everything is very much appreciated and we couldn't get through this ordeal without all of the help.

Jeff's blood counts are now on the way back up. The final results of the spinal tap came back a-okay, and he had enough energy today to do some laps around the house. Hopefully, we'll continue to see improvement every day, so that he is feeling fairly strong at transplant time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets talk about einsteins room! haha. or should i say einstiens room. that section of the wall in the nursery could not scream mom(paula) any louder! the letters were uneven the name was spelled wrong, and it looked wonderful..(haha...maybe a bit of sarcasm on that last one)
well i hope you got a few laughs out of it like everyone else did!
oh and you can let jeff know that, me and mom made everyone (including ourselves) be very very careful not to get any paint on the carpet. haha however, jeff did not speicify any other place, so of course the hard wood floor, the ceiling, the trim, and shoes were all free game!

Anonymous said...

Jamie- a good news only blog-- I like those kinds. You guys are in our thoughts.
Love all of you. Can't wait until the baby makes its debut!