Monday, November 05, 2007

One More Day

Jeff started Round 2 of chemotherapy on Friday, and with the treatment being only 5 days this time, we're almost done. The "Day Hospital" was able to accommodate him, so we were lucky that he didn't have to be re-admitted. He seems to be feeling okay, and has thus far avoided the dreaded fever. His hair is starting to fall out, and he continues to show me the little chunks that he can't help but pull out of his head. We'll probably go ahead and shave the rest off tomorrow.

Incidentally, it's come to my attention that I have lots of new readers. I guess when I'm actually writing about something, as opposed to the usual minutiae that fills my pages, people are bound to be interested. Anyway, thanks for caring and feel free to leave me a comment, if only to let me know who you are and how you know Jeff. If you want to e-mail Jeff directly, he can be reached at jeckert@alltel.net.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea me and mom hand this blog address out like its candy! ha! its the easiest way to keep everyone updated!

Anonymous said...

hi jamie and jeff just a little note from some of the people jeff works with. just wanted to let you know that we pray and think about you both often. hang in there!!! everyone here at work is really concerned about jeff and you and the baby also. we all like to check for new entries everyday. it keeps us updated. take care and we are all thinking about you. jamie i think you should look into writing a book. you are a great little journalist!!

Anonymous said...

Ron said...

Jamie, this is a great way to keep everyone updated, we really appreciate it. Jeff told me before his first round that he would lose his hair. I said "it grows back". The way he wore his cap much of the time I wasn't sure he had hair. I know his love for music and told him it reminded me of a Rascall Flatts song: It ends:

Its quarter to seven
that boy's at the door
Her daddy ushers him in
And when he takes off his cap they all start to cry
Cause this morning where his hair
had been
Softly she touches just skin

they go dancin' around and around
Without any cares
And her very first true love
is holding her close
And for a moment she isn't scared

On Jeff's second last day of work he had a doctor appointment. When he came back I jokingly said "are you going to live". Boy, can that make a person feel like crap a few days later. After I thought about that some more I thought maybe God made me ask him that question because Jeff gave me the right answer.

Take care, our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Jeff,
We just got word of your blog. We are all here praying and pulling for you ! I am using all the advise of The Secret so you will be home and wrapped up on the couch together soon!
We love you...Tim, Candy and Hannah