Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nothing New

There's nothing really new to report here. We had a couple of rough days, because Jeff is pretty wiped out. Luckily, the residual nausea seems to have settled down, and he's a bit more comfortable than he has been.

We still spend every other day at the hospital, so Jeff's blood can be tested to determine whether or not he needs to be transfused. The extra blood does seem to help his energy level, but they don't transfuse until the counts are pretty low.

All this time in the hospital gives me lots of time to read and last week, I finished a book called, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. It's her first novel, and I enjoyed it immensely. I'll look forward to reading her future work. On the other hand, I also read, Cesar's Way by Cesar Millan. He's the star of the tv show, Dog Whisperer. Anyway, I thought the book was a big waste of time. I'm not sure why it's a New York Times Bestseller.

Speaking of dogs, Dad actually admitted that Hallie hunted better than Brady on Friday. I'm not sure if that means we now have the best bird dog in the world, or if he just meant Hallie was better for a few hours. We'll have to ask him to clarify.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Hallie!!!!