Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More of the Same

Jeff is feeling about the same as he was a few days ago, although with an increased steroid dose, some of the GVH is getting a little better. His spinal fluid has been cleared of leukemia (I think maybe I mentioned that before?), but he will be receiving a maintenance dose of chemo weekly via lumbar puncture until the time when an Ommaya reservoir can be surgically placed in his head. His blood counts will need to stabilize and they'll need to boost his platelet count before he gets the surgery.

JD and I will make the trek back to this morning. Being away from the hospital gave me a chance to refresh my perspective on this whole mess, and I think I'll now be much better able to take care of Jeff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie ~
It was so good to see Jeff on Saturday when we were down. I just wanted to keep hugging him and take this all away. I'm so glad that you and JD had a chance to go home to regroup and to get away for a bit ... I know Jeff wanted to go with you too !! Soon you will all be back home again together and this will all be behind you! That is our prayer. God bless you, Jamie, for keeping us all posted with your daily blogs. You are such an inspiration to all of us who feel so helpless. Give Marilyn a hug from me too okay?

Love & Prayers ~
Betsy

Paula said...

We had a great time with
'Messy Marvin' (aka JD)
at home this weekend!
He's a roughneck!
He's a digger!
He's a runner!
He's a dirtbag!
He's a dog lover!
He's a sweetheart!