Wednesday, January 09, 2008

White Cells

Jeff's counts are on the rise and he feels substantially better today. He has been taken off just about all of his IV fluids and medicines. As long as he is able to eat, drink, take pills orally and doesn't have a fever, he'll be discharged tomorrow. I can't tell you how excited we are about this. We'll be in Hershey for a while for follow-up at Day Hospital, and most transplant patients end up back in the hospital for a fever, but that's all just stuff we'll have to deal with for a while.

JD is doing great...I am just thrilled with being a Mom, and Big Jeff is loving his job as Daddy. (I can't wait till Jeff gets to change some diapers in the middle of the night!) As unorthodox as this whole situation is, we are making the best of it, and I am enjoying every second of my new baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Jamie,
I just knew 2008 was going to be a good year! I am so glad Jeff is getting out of the hospital! Little JD is going to help him get better sooner! I get where your coming from with the diapers. Fran had to call a neighbor to come change a messed diaper when David was a baby! I bet Jeff does better!!! Again I am so happy for you all. Things are heading in the right direction!!! Love ya, Pam

Anonymous said...

i told everyone this already, but i want to document it. i had a dream the night before last that jeff's counts were 0.8 and we didnt have to wear any masks!! i think he was also wearing a penn state shirt. and then viola, it all actually happened!!!
who can see the future now, polly wog?!

Anonymous said...

Things are starting to look up, now if only I could convince Dan to come visit! Enjoy the diaper changes and the love you can only get from a child. Not that I would know, but I can imagine!
Love ya and hope to see you soon
Steph

Anonymous said...

Jamie that is good news,hope Jeff continues to do well! I am glad you enjoy being a Mom! and I know Jeff will be a good Daddy..I can not wait till I can hold JD and hug him...Do not be to hard on Jeff with the diaper changing just yet. Love Aunt Florencie