Monday, January 21, 2008

A Trip Home With JD

JD made his first trip home this weekend, and was greeted by not two, but four dogs. Yes, my Dad brought Hallie, Chance, Brady, and Oz to my house to meet the baby. Being in house with four dogs is pretty crazy, so you can imagine four dogs plus an infant. After getting over the excitement of being home for the first time in month, Hallie and Chance eventually started to wonder about the smelly little creature that their Mom was holding. They both gave him the smell-over and a few licks. Neither of them showed any sort of aggression towards JD, and both managed to sit on my lap (at the same time) while I was nursing. This only lasted a few seconds, but was quite comical. I figured out that if Hallie sits at my feet, and Chance by my side, I can pet one of them with my free hand, and the other with my foot. I can't let my first two babies feel too neglected!

Overall, it was a successful trip home...but I really couldn't enjoy it too much. It's hard being away from Jeff, even if only for a day. Hopefully, all three of us will be home together within a few weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JD (one smelly little creature) and dogs (four smelly four-legged creatures)... it was quite a sight.
JD fit right in and didn't mind a few sniffs and licks. That little guy looked around his home like he was five years old! I think he likes the place!

Anonymous said...

Always multi-tasking aren't we Jamie? JD is the second cutest little boy ever born (of course my baby brother is the first). He is so observant. Dan and I snuck over while Nic was babysitting. Hoping to see all of you soon. We miss you!
Love yas

Anonymous said...

judging by how NOT spoiled the dogs are...i highly doubt that JD will be spoiled. (cough cough)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie!
Hey, I finally found the URL your dad gave us. I really need to clean my office more often, LOL.

Congratulations to you and Jeff on the birth of your darling baby boy! Your JD sounds totally precious. I'll bet Grampa can't wait to take him fishing.

All for now, but we'll be checking in to see how everyone's doing. You're all in our prayers daily--and a host of others' prayers--so it's only a matter of time until the three of you are all home together.

Love from St.Marys,
Mike and Edie