Sunday, January 06, 2008

Discharged (Jamie this time)

Thanks to Danielle for keeping the world updated! I think she did a great job.

Okay, so here's what happened...

Early Wednesday morning around 2 am, I awoke to my water breaking. This occurred without any other warnings that labor was imminent, so I was quite surprised and wasn't even really sure what was happening. Anyway, I managed to get myself checked into the hospital, and called Jeff in his room to let him know what was up. Luckily, Jeff was feeling okay and managed to make his way down to the delivery room. I pretty much breezed through the first 10 hours of labor and was fully dilated by about noon. Unfortunately, after 2 hours of pushing, Little JD was stuck in my inadequately sized (from front to back anyway) pelvis. The doctors decided that with a little more pushing, they may be able to get him out with the vacuum, but after 2 more hours it was obvious that Little Jeff wasn't going to fit through. So, off we went to the operating room, where Jeff and I heard for the first time, "it's a boy, and he's a big boy!"

Oh, what a feeling! After 3 months of the worst stress you can imagine, we finally have something to feel amazing about. Little JD is the most beautiful little thing I've ever seen. I don't think that we realized what sort of emotions we would feel after the baby was born, but I know that I am still not down off of the high that I've been on since Wednesday night.

Jeff has had a couple of pretty rough days...he's now on a morphine drip and being fed intravenously, but the next couple of days should see his counts rise and his body will start feeling as good as his heart.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve the happy feelings! Sorry we didn't make it down yet, Dan is under the impression that JD will look the same when you come home versus now. I sent a couple of things down with Nancy. Talk to you soon
Love
Steph and Dan

Anonymous said...

Jeff and Jamebo:
He is beautiful!!!! I hope you're happy, you brought tears to my eyes, you guys have been through so much, you both are heros. And I didn't have on my waterproof mascara !!!!! Take care, thinking of you always.

Love
The NEW Aunt Toni

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and proud of the both of you!! You guys have been through so much and little J.D. is going to bring so much joy to both of you. I can see it in both of your eyes the excitement and the feelings you both have!! It was wonderful visiting you guys this weekend!! J.D. is absolutely beautiful. He takes after each of you. I miss you 3 so much already and I just left you!! Hopefully we will be back to see ya soon!!
Miss Ya and Love Ya!!
Nicole
P.S. I have to look at pictures of my new nephew everyday. He is way too cute for words!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie & Danielle,
Thanks for putting little JD's pictures on the blog so we could all see how very precious and how very beautiful (you can say that about a baby boy) he is!! Our hearts are full of happiness for you both and our prayers continue to be sent to Jeff as he continues to get well and stronger with each new day!

Sending lots of love to you all ... keep posting the pics, Jamie!!! Love 'em! Please give "Daddy Jeff" a big (mama bear)hug from us when you see him!!

Betsy and Joe

Anonymous said...

turns out, the belly button timer is just a hoax!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff & Jamie,
Just read your latest post. JD is as cute in pictures as he is in person. So glad we stopped on our way south and got to hold him!!!!! Sending this message from North Carolina. We have been visiting along the way. We will be in Florida tomorrow, January 10th.
Take care of yourselves and little J.D. We will see you in April.
Love you all,
Kenny & Sandy