Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nickelback, Nickelback, Nickelback

The previously mentioned Nickelback concert came and went. Now, all I can do is blog about what fun we had. So, the day started around 11:30 when we left to pick up Hannah, who was an excellent last minute addition to our group. She knows how to have fun and we didn't have to babysit her. Our next stop was Dad's, as he was the real babysitter for the day. [Which, by the way, when I asked him how the dogs were, he replied by saying, "They were great!" He loves his grand-puppies]. We ended up being 15 minutes early picking up Paula, which wasn't good for her...I'm pretty sure she was counting on us being on-time or maybe a little late. Her hair was still wet and she was recovering from a fall on the ice.

So, with the four of us in tow, we started our journey towards State College to pick up the last (but not least) member of our group. I did mention that Russ and his gang were coming, but they had floor tickets and we had reserved seating. They took their own vehicle. Anyway, back to the ride... I think maybe I should have used the earplugs. Paula was intent that we were plenty pumped for the concert, and she brought her collection of Nickelback CDs. We listened to many of the songs pretty loudly, Paula sang them word for word, and we were also all trying to have a conversation. It was definitely a good ride, and as Danielle has mentioned in the past, we are "fun and interesting people!"

Because Jeff had never been to a Quaker Steak and Lube, and he is a huge wing fan, we picked up the Booger at the Cave and went for a bite to eat. The wings were good and the beer was flowing. Some of us (I won't mention names) had too much to drink because someone tried to keep up with 220 lb Jeff. Hmmm...who could that have been?

After a thorough trip through the Target store, we traveled on to the concert. We had good seats, and actually got to see three bands. Three Days Grace started the festivities and I was glad that I actually knew some of the songs. Breaking Benjamin followed and although I only knew one or two of their songs, you have to give them kudos for playing in front of a very pumped hometown crowd. The band actually started their career in places like State College's Crowbar.

Finally at 9:16 (did I get that right?), a big boom sounded, the lights went off, and Nickelback opened with Animals, which is an awesome song! The rest of night was equally enjoyable, with lots of pyrotechnics, lots of the f-word (which gets you pumped) and lots of good music. Although the Collegian (PSU's newspaper) may have given the concert a bad review, this group had a great time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent description!!!! I would suggest everyone go to a Nickelback concert!!! good time. I like Hannah, she was definitely a good last minute addition!!! Also, one of our guests was a bit upset about a smell that was lurking around our area!!!

Anonymous said...

ohmychrist!
We are a diverse and fabulous group of people that were fortunate enough to eat, drink, pass out tickets and revel in a great concert. A smile still lingers on my face when I remember that day and night!

Rachael said...

I didn't know Jamie stayed up past 10! I wish you guys were closer.