Saturday, December 09, 2006

A White Christmas Tree

Usually, I am very intent on have a real, live, Christmas Tree. However, with all of the extra work we have this December with getting the floor down, I've decided to forgo the real tree for one year. Luckily, I was able to find myself a bargain last January. While I was perusing wonderful (please sense the sarcasm) Wal-Mart, I found myself a 6 ft, pre-lit, white artificial tree for $7.00. That is not a misprint, people. Not realizing that I would even need an artificial tree this year, I purchased the $7.00 beauty (more sarcasm), because I wasn't able to pass up the good deal.

Now that I have the tree up and decorated, I am second-guessing my decision to pass up the real tree. In the end, however, like our admirable president (final bit of sarcasm), George Bush, I am going to stay the course. So, when you visit the Eckert household this Christmas, please be prepared to Oooh and Ahhh at a stunning, white, artificial tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will bring my sunglasses and have plenty to drink before I get to your home.

A white christmas tree...from Wal-Mart...stay the course...Well I'm proud of you for your determination to finish what you start!

Rachael said...

My neighbor has a white tree in their picture window for everyone to admire... I hope Paula remembered he sunglasses! Maybe there's some merit in being bold enough to put a white tree proudly in the window, but I'm content to pretend that my fake tree is real. (Between us, and everyone in the world who could access this blog if they wanted to do so, I prefer a real tree but have been guilted into the fake one. At least it's easy to set up every year).