Friday, December 29, 2006

Bad Beagle

My sweet, little, cuddly beagle is a bad boy. Chance, who usually walks around like a puppy-version of Eeyore (from Winnie the Pooh) gets all excited when strange dogs are around. He starts off by yelling in his hound dog voice, and then the hair along his spine stands straight up. Finally, he goes in for the attack. Of course, he doesn't really attack - he just shows his teeth and acts scary.

Today, the neighbors walked by with their dog, Brittany the Brittany (original name, huh?), and all of a sudden I hear Chance go into attack mode. I didn't get all bent out of shape, though. Usually, he just runs up and down the yard, staying inside of the invisible fence. Unfortunately, today, he tore out of the yard and started chasing Brittany (and her owners) around in circles. By the time I got out to the road, the neighbors had chased away Chance and were trying to console Brittany. How embarrassing! I was a little mortified, but I apologized profusely, and thankfully, nobody was hurt.

So, being the good doggie Mom that I am, and because Brittany the Brittany was a little shook up, I took it upon myself to put together some treats for her. I wrapped them up, and wrote a little apology note (To Brittany, From Chance), and stuck the package in the neighbors mailbox. When I told Jeff what I did, he laughed for about half an hour, telling me how "gay" I am. Hmmpf. I thought it was a nice gesture for Chance to make for scaring the bejeezus out of the poor dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA
From, Whiny

Anonymous said...

that picture of chancer really illustrates his eeyore nature!!!!