Friday, December 21, 2007

Day (-) 6

Well, this morning I cried when I re-read my post from last night. So, I apologize if I caused any other tears out there. But, along with keeping this blog updated for everyone else, I also use it as therapy for myself, and I'd like it to be a true representation of how I am feeling as we stumble through this part of our life.

By the end of today, Jeff will have gotten 10 of his 16 doses of busulfan. He's starting to feel slightly run-down, but is still functioning quite normally. We had some good laughs today, and his spirits are still pretty high. We spent much of this evening researching vacation spots on the internet...although it will be quite a while before Jeff is feeling up to a vacation, I'm finding that looking forward to a happy future is quite comforting.

Jeff did mention that he is noticing some significant improvement to the spot he sees in his right eye. Hopefully, the bleed will continue to re-absorb, and his vision will completely recover.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: Einstein likes his doctor in Hershey. I guess the doctor likes Einstein, too. He wants to see him/her every week. Einstein is doing great!

Another FYI: Any private comments to Jamie or Jeff can be emailed to:

jeckert@alltel.net

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Jeff,
Stay strong. I know everything will be OK. Eat well and take care of little Einstein.

Love you,
Keep in Touch.
Aunt Florence

Anonymous said...

hey, who needs privacy? if i could put a licture of my butt on here i would. id also probably write a tiny note on it for you! anywho. im a bit late in my post. which saddens me. me and mom race to see who can post quicker! but now that i am home for break, this dinosaur of a computer and dial-up internet is sometimes unbearable. i would just like to make a guesstimate, that you and jeff looked at hawaii, for your vacationing spot. ha.
ha. so mark, just came over to pester me, and he asked what i was doing i said commenting on jamies blog. first he didnt think i was aloud to do this, and second he wondered if i was embarrassed that everyone could read what i was writing. yuo wanna know what i did? i mooned him! haha.