Monday, October 16, 2006

State College, Stallions, and The Booger

It’s been six or seven years since Mom, Paula, Danielle and I first saw the Lipizzaner Stallions. At the time, I was living in State College and Mom suggested that the four of us attend the show at the Jordan Center. This time, it was Paula’s suggestion to go to the show, and because The Booger now lives in State College, it made for a great idea. Anyway, instead of describing yesterday’s show, I’m going to take advantage of their website…http://www.lipizzaner.com/ [I will add that I think anyone would enjoy seeing the stallions in action.]

Much more importantly, I’d like to write about The Booger. First of all, anybody whose name is prefixed by “The,” must be pretty important. Of course, Danielle deserves this prefix to her nickname, and she is absolutely, one of the most important people in my life. And, I’m very thankful that after a tough year of two (very similar) personalities clashing, The Booger and I have turned a corner and are back on our well-beaten path of friendship and sisterhood.

Danielle is maturing every day, and I think that she is thriving in State College. Her courses are challenging, she’s meeting new people, tolerating difficult roommates, and juggling a long-distance relationship all at once. She has once again found the humor in life (thank goodness – Paula and I didn’t do so well with humorless Booger), and we laughed a lot yesterday. Laughter is definitely something that we enjoy doing together, and just writing about this makes me think of Mom’s infectious laugh. Oh, how I wish she were still here to laugh with us.

Anyway, Danielle has some tough choices ahead of her, but I think she is in the right mind to make great decisions. She understands what’s important in life and knows when to seek advice. All that being said, I think she’ll excel in whatever path she chooses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie described the Lipizzaner Stallions and our precious Booger to a tee. Those of you who know her agree that Jamie has captured the valuable and volatile side of "The" Booger.
Sincerely,

The Booger's MOM

Anonymous said...

Now thats the kind of attention i want! haha j/k
WOW, that has the potential to let the faucets start to flow!
we definately are fun, interesting people.