Friday, September 22, 2006

Darien Lake Bust….Continued

Well, as someone related to me mentioned…

We did have one good night of camping at Darien Lake, and it all started out with a small wager (in case I haven’t mentioned this, my family likes to gamble). The group decided to take bets on what time the park ranger rent-a-cops would come a-knocking at our campsites. This usually happens sometime shortly after “quiet-time” starts. Anyway, everyone picked a time, and threw a couple of bucks in the pot. When it got close to the cluster of times that everyone chose, the group started to get a little rowdy.

Now, at this point in my story, I have to admit, that I couldn’t bring myself to join in the game. Can’t we have fun without causing stress to our fellow campers (not to mention the rent-a-pigs)??? Oh, well…apparently I’m too old to be camping with a bunch of mid-twenty-somethings. Oh NO! Does this make me in my late twenties??

Back to the story…

It seems that the person who really wanted to win this not-so-big pot of money was the Markie Boy. He actually succeeded in catching the roaming rangers attention, and they did come over to ask him to quiet down, but this was just the beginning. [I’m not actually sure who ended up winning the money.] He then proceeded in his quest to becoming the most annoying drunk ever. I’m probably exaggerating here, but it makes my story so much better. Mark continued to yell at the top of his lungs, wrestle with Goober, who wanted nothing to do with him, and chastise people who were going to bed. Finally, after just about everyone was in his or her tents/campers trying sleep, Mark turns his radio on full-blast.

After several people shouted at him to turn the volume down, he suggested that if they cannot sleep through the noise, then they are not tired enough to be in bed. The next thing I know, Richie and Mark are having a cell phone conversation. Unfortunately, I could only hear one side of the discussion, and this is what Rich said, “Oh, I know you don’t mean that buddy, I’ll just see you in the morning.” He was so sweet towards raving, mad Markie Boy! I giggled in my tent until I finally fell asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im a terrible blogger! i didnt post on this one either! AHH! I love this blog. it is halarious! oh markie boy. those annoying traits didnt infect all the micale kids. (haha)