Friday, June 05, 2009

Speaking of Vampires

The Twilight series of books (and now movies) has caused quite the stir and re-ignited readers' interest in vampire literature. Just check out the book selection at Wal-Mart, and you'll find a bunch of vampire stuff that wasn't there a year ago. The four books, written by Stephanie Meyer, were very enjoyable, and I'd recommend them to any female reader who is looking for a entertaining read.

Anyway, that being said, I have my own vampire story. JD has been refusing to lay down while I change his diaper. So, he stands on the changing table, while I struggle to fasten the diaper in some manner that is still effective enough to hold the poop inside. While he stands there, he wraps his little arms around my neck in the best feeling hug...until his little teeth sink into my neck.

Right now, I have red bite marks on my neck from where he bit me this morning and refused to let go. The more I protested, the harder he clenched his teeth and finally, I had to give his little butt a smack so that he would let go. This, of course, hurt his feelings, and even though I'm the one who has bite marks on my neck, I felt horrible for making him cry. But, this wasn't the first time he's bitten me and probably won't be the last, so I'm going to have to figure out a better way to get him to let go...or stop biting me completely.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

As for Twilight, I wasn't so sure about the "glitter-fabulous" part, but I wouldn't be surprised if the book is a real page-turner (I don't know how you find time to read!).
:)
As for the bad behavior, when time-out didn't quite work, we had to take away Harlan's favorite toys (ALL his cars) for 24 hours -- that did the trick (don't know if JD is old enough to grasp the concept, but I think Harlan was about 2 when we had to stop him from hitting people). I totally know what you mean about feeling bad for making them cry, and I have to keep reminding myself that it's part of good parenting, it's part of good parenting, it's part of good parenting...