Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Big Jeff and Little JD

Today, the phone rang and when I answered it, without any introduction, the person on the other end asked me if I was Jeff Eckert's Mom. Well, I said, "No, I'm his wife." Then she said, "It says here that he's only 8 weeks old..." Well, duh...I guess I am Jeff Eckert's wife and his Mom. Funny. I told her that we call him JD to avoid any confusion. Anyway, it was someone from Dr. Schmidt's office confirming the baby's appointment for tomorrow. Had she introduced herself to me, I would have realized that I was Jeff Eckert's Mom. I suppose that won't be the last time I'm confused by my two Jeff's names.

JD was pretty cranky and really hungry all day today. I got a little frustrated with him, but when he woke up from his nap (after I finally got him to sleep), I walked into his room and could not believe how beautiful he looked. It's amazing how one little smile can erase a whole day of crying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Jamie he is such a nice big baby you may have to give him a little more then milk....If he acts hungry all the time he may need a little baby cereal!!!!Ask the Doctor when you go....Hope Jeff is doing ok with his radiation treatments....Bring that hansom little guy to see us!!!Love You Aunt Florencie.

Anonymous said...

OH! OH! These traits run deep!
Jamie, you could have pollywog syndrome. That nurse was 'on top of it' when she knew that you could not possibly be married to an 8 week old!

Little Jeff's smile can make the Mona Lisa happy.

Anonymous said...

im giving mom the golden stix on this one. her mona lisa comment wins.

i have yet to see junior smile in person, but the pictures on here were stunning. i didnt know that a baby could look like that. and by that i mean cute! junior is turning over a new leaf for me. although he has yet to turn over the first one that he flipped. the labor leaf!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.