Friday, November 13, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow at 9 AM, Jeff will be starting chemotherapy for his mini MUD (matched unrelated donor) transplant.  Because this transplant is a "mini," the chemo is less harsh than what he has been receiving, and he is able to start things on an outpatient basis.  If you remember from the last time, the first day of transplant is called Day - 7 (minus seven).   Transplant Day, which is scheduled for the 21st, will be called Day 0.

Jeff is stable, but not feeling very well.  He has some retinal bleeding, a product of months worth of low platelets, so his vision is a little fuzzy.  The shingles are still very painful, and his energy level is very low.  The past five months have been hell on his body, and he is sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I suppose I'll eventually have more to say about the treatment of this disease and the havoc it wreaks on the patient and his family, but for now I think I'll curl up with a good book and read until I fall asleep.

**Jeff is not up for conversation, but I'm sure jokes and good stories sent via e-mail (jeff.eckert76@gmail.com) or text (512-2576) would be appreciated.

No comments: