Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Busy Week

Okay, so March didn't turn out to be a stellar month for blogging. But, I did have a very busy last week of March. Work has been crazy, as we have a very important tour coming up. So, I've been working on getting the plant in shape for our French CEO. Luckily, the weather was pretty nice and not being stuck in the office was great.

On Tuesday, one of my coworkers asked me and another coworker to attend a middle school science fair with him. I guess they're always in need of judges, and since I was available, I took the opportunity to go. We each got about 7 different presentations on things like electroplating, mold, bacteria, and plants. It was actually really fun, and the three of us ended the night with dinner and beer. I told my coworker that he could count me in for next year.

The rest of the week flew by, and on Thursday we helped Dan and Steph move into their new house. Moving stinks, but the house is great. I'm glad they found something they really like.

Finally, on Saturday, Danielle and I ran our first 5K together. The race benefited children's rights, and was held on campus at PSU. Our original goal was to beat the 26 minute mark, but right before the start we decided 28 minutes would be more realistic for us. (I know - kind of pathetic!) Anyway, the race was a fun 3.1 miles and with characters like Supergirl, Batgirl and the funny guy who was practicing his start out the gate, we had a fun time. We did end up making our second goal and finished the race in 27:44. We're going to run another one in April...I think we'll shoot for 26 minutes next time.

Happy April Fool's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the 5K was fun. and im sure we'll do better in our next one....once we un-hitch the plow (plow being me!!)
haha