Wednesday, January 17, 2007

January

For me, January is always is bit of a bore. After the excitement of the holidays, and the anticipation that comes with Christmas and New Years, I find that January brings the doldrums. So, this year, I decided to plan a vacation. Yep, Jeff and I are going back to Maui. Maybe I'm being a tiny bit frivolous, but you only live once. Right now, we have no kids, we both have good jobs, and we can afford to spoil ourselves, so why not? (Please, if you have an answer to that, keep it to yourself.)

We'll be staying in Kihei, Maui at the Kauhale Makai (aka Village by the Sea) Condominium Complex. The one-bedroom condo is on the ground floor and overlooks the pool and garden area. The complex sits right on the beach...it's not a great swimming beach, but is excellent for walking, sunsets and whale and windsurfer-watching. There are great swimming and snorkeling beaches a couple of miles down the road. We'll have a car, so there won't be any problems getting there. We'll also be taking a side trip to Oahu, where we'll give our respects to the sunken ships of Pearl Harbor and tour the rest of the island.

My plan is to remember my trip in my blog. Jeff thinks I'm the biggest NERD in the world, but I can't wait to document our vacation! I'm going to take pictures, and narrate the whole thing. You lucky readers....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard from a very rich roomate of mine that alot of people that live in hawaii are homeless and living in tents on the beaches. keep an eye out.